Key Responsibilities: -
The Committee Secretary is an elected Officer of the Association and a member of the Committee. The Committee Secretary will use his/her specific skills, knowledge and experience to help the Committee reach sound decisions. This will involve:
- Organising the AGM and monthly Committee Meetings including the booking of the venue.
- Ensuring that the necessary papers are circulated to all Members and Co-Opted Members in a timely fashion.
- Writing up the Minutes in respect of the various meetings and ensuring they are available for ratification in a timely fashion.
- Managing the “info@ …….” e-mail account and distributing any e-mails to the appropriate individual within the Committee while dealing with those that fall under the brief of this role.
- Liaising with the Site Co-Ordinators with regard to any letters that might need to be generated.
- Liaising with the Town Council with regard to any communications and/or matters arising.
- Liaising with the website co-ordinator as to content.
- Liaising with the Membership Secretary as necessary.
- Liaising with the Chair, Vice Chair and Treasurer as necessary.
- Liaising with the Shops as necessary.
- Providing guidance on new initiatives.
Person Specification: -
The Committee Secretary will share the Association’s values and vision, with a commitment to guiding the Association to reach its strategic goals and will be able to provide the following skills and experience:
- An understanding of and an empathy for the work of the Association
- Excellent IT skills
- A good communicator
- Able to work unsupervised
- And ….. have some fun along the way!